Open 1Password to: options

romad
romad
Community Member

Is there any way to change from the current 3 choices to selecting a category? 99.9999999999999% of the time I just need to access the Logins category when using the browser extension & 1Pwd Mini.

1Password Version: 7.4
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.13.6 & 10.14.6
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @romad!

Can you please post a screenshot of what you are referring to, so we can make sure we are looking at the same thing? Thank you!

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

Certainly.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @romad! Currently this is not possible to configure in the settings, but I see what you mean now.

• romad
    romad
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

Thanks. I had it set to "Suggestions", but I was getting suggested secure notes, etc when trying to do a login! I'm going to play around with the options to see if I can figure out why the erroneous suggestions come up.

I just updated my MBA to 7.4 while I'm in Arizona for Thanksgiving so I can't compare the settings I have on my iMac in California (it has the same MacOS version, Firefox version and 1Password version on it).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@romad:

Normally, if your Login item has the correct website field, that should be the first option that 1Password mini shows you when you go to that website. Are you opening 1Password mini when you are already on the correct website in your browser?

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

As far as I know I am. That may be a factor if the website has changed the page path, so I'll check that out with the Suggestions option enabled. Does 1Password compare the entire URL when making suggestions, or does it stop at the domain?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@romad:

If stops at the domain: if you have multiple websites for the same domain, 1Password will show you all of them as long as you are on the same website.

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

OK, thanks. I'll see what happens the next few days then compare what happens on the iMac in California.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good! :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.