12 character limit generating passwords for login type

jonathanmorgan
jonathanmorgan
Community Member

In 1Password 7.4.4 on iOS, iPhone 7+, I am seeing a 12 character limit generating passwords for login type. I tried editing an existing and making a new one, max characters is 12 for both (the right-most bound of the slider is 12). For “password” type, it lets you create much larger, so my workaround is to use that, then copy into login. Is there a setting I am missing or something that is causing this limit? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan Morgan

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jonathanmorgan!

Can you please post a screenshot of the slider showing you this limit in the Login items?

• jonathanmorgan
    jonathanmorgan
    Community Member

It isn’t always like that. I tried to make a new login at “test.com”, and it gives me a lot more characters:

So maybe it doesn’t like Walmart?

• jonathanmorgan
    jonathanmorgan
    Community Member

I also briefly spot-checked other login items, and they let you make longer passwords as well when you edit them. Very strange.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019

Thank you @jonathanmorgan! I was able to reproduce the same behavior for the Walmart website, but then I also saw that our developers have worked on a fix already, so this should work as expected in the next version of 1Password for iOS ;)

ref: dev/apple/issues#4297

• jonathanmorgan
    jonathanmorgan
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

Sounds good. Thanks for looking into it and confirming that I’m not crazy (well, at least in this instance). =)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.