Sync not Appearing in 1Password prefs, and 1Password Not Appearing as iCloud Drive Option

curtwilliams
curtwilliams
Community Member

I am trying to add my iCloud vault to a 1Password install that is already setup successfully to use vaults in my family account, but the "Sync" option does not appear in 1Password Preferences panel. Also, the 1Password application does not appear as an option in the iCloud Drive options (i.e. System Preferences->Apple ID->iCloud->iCloud Drive->Options...)
Note that my use of iCloud sync predates my use of families and most of my stuff is in the iCloud vault. I have another system where both Families and iCloud are working. That system is running 1Password "7.4.1 1Password Store". In contrast the new system described above (no Sync option) is running 1Password "7.4.1 Mac App Store". Do I need a different version of 1Password to use iCloud sync?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: 10.15.1
Sync Type: multiple

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @curtwilliams!

To get the Sync menu to appear, please open 1Password Preferences > Advanced tab and enable the option Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts ;)

This discussion has been closed.