1Password extension not working in Safari

Options
alexmidd
alexmidd
Community Member

Hi. I have Safari v 13.0.3 on a Mac running MacOS 10.14.6. The extension is provided by 1Password 7 app but when I click either the button in the Safari toolbar or the button in the Mac toolbar at the top of the screen, nothing happens. I went to try and reinstall the extension but it says to do this I have to uninstall and reinstall the entire 1Password 7 app, which I am not happy to have to do.

Is there a way to resolve this problem please?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alexmidd: It's not something you or we have any direct control over. Safari is supposed to load the extension from the app's (e.g. 1Password's) bundle, so it shows up in Safari Preferences > Extensions, and then you can enable it there. Are you seeing it?

• alexmidd
    alexmidd
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it's there. I have tried unticking the box on the left and reticking it but that doesn't make any difference.

• alexmidd
    alexmidd
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I tried unticking it in Safari preferences in order to disable it, then closed down Safari and restarted it. I then got the message to re-enable it in order to use it (from the icon in the Mac menu bar), which I did. Once again the buttons in the menu bar and in the Safari toolbar are unresponsive. I will just have to do it the old way and copy and paste from within 1Password for now, but it's a bit of a pain.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alexmidd:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.