Bulk export to .pif

hesspaul
hesspaul
Community Member
edited December 2019 in Business and Teams

Is there a way to export ALL vaults to (separate) .pif files? I am on multiple teams, and each team has multiple vaults, and I have my own personal stuff. Every 4 months I would like to export to an encrypted sparsebundle as an emergency backup. However I currently have to individually select one single vault within a team, select export-all (typing in credentials etc), change the export filename from the generic default to indicate the team and vault name, navigate in the finder to the export location, click export, and then go to the next one and start all over again. I would like a single process where once I authorize myself I can export all of those vaults in one shot.

1Password Version: 7.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hesspaul!

Currently it's only possible to export one vault at the time I'm afraid. I think this is because certain permissions might prevent you from exporting data from a specific vault: having access to a vault does not mean that you can also export the data within it if you are using a Business account.

• hesspaul
    hesspaul
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

Thanks for the quick response.

At the very least, can the default name of the exported file begin with TeamName_VaultName so that it's easy to tell them apart without manually renaming each one?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2020

@hesspaul:

I think this makes sense. I will open an internal discussion so the developers can take a look at this. Thank you!

ref: dev/apple/issues#4418

• hesspaul
    hesspaul
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana has there been any determination about this request (apple/issues/issues/4418)?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@hesspaul:

Yes, it was resolved a couple of months ago, in 1Password for Mac version 7.4.2:

Exporting a vault now includes the account and vault names in the exported file. {#4418}

• hesspaul
    hesspaul
    Community Member

Thanks --- I'm getting ready to repeat the procedure I mentioned in the initial message for 22 vaults, so this will help a little with the process.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

I am glad to hear that @hesspaul :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.