Family see both shared and standalone vaults from our Macs; but our iPhones see only shared. Why?

slbrown
slbrown
Community Member

Our family is moving to 1Password7; some of us had 1Password6 vaults while other were using other tools (like SplashID). We all have standalone vaults we don't need to share, but still want to have synced to our phones. We also have two critical vaults that we all need to share - which is the main reason we all moved over to 1Password7 Family plan. So far, two of us (who will be the organizers of the account) have made the migration to the Family account in 1Password7. We all will be accessing 1Password data from our various Mac computers and our iPhones. While we have some data that we need to share via the 1Password7 account, we all have personal data that we don't plan to share and had no plans to copy onto 1Password7.com -- the personal data were to be kept where they currently reside: standalone vaults on either our Macs or iCloud. We see all vaults from our Macs (both shared on 1Password7.com or standalone). But our iPhones only see Private and Shared vaults on 1Password7.com. While we could copy our iCloud-held data to a Private vault on 1Password7.com; we definitely need the ability to see the existing standalone vaults on our Macs from our phones as well. These "Mac" vaults hold sensitive data (financial, medical, etc.) that we don't want on anyone's cloud environment. Can you tell me how to we can still access (from the 1Password7 apps on our iPhones) our standalone vaults?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Catalina and Mojave
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Family has shared vaults and standalone vaults; we see all vaults from our Macs but not our iPhones

Comments

• slbrown
    slbrown
    Community Member

After additional experimentation, I see that if I log my iPhone out of the 1Password7 account; then have it look for, find, and reload my Primary (iCloud) account; and finally log back into the 1Password7 account -- then I see on my phone the private and shared vaults in 1Password7 as well as the Primary vault in iCloud. This is what I saw when I set things up yesterday. So is this temporary? After a short period of time, will the phone "forget" about my Primary vault again?

• Hi @slbrown

1Password shouldn't be 'forgetting' about any vaults, but you should be able to remove the Primary vault using these instructions:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Once complete you should still have access to all of your membership-based vaults. :) Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• slbrown
    slbrown
    Community Member

Hi, Ben. Thanks for replying. I'll let you know I things work out, as my family is still struggling with a vault "model" that will satisfy those who have sensitive content they don't want on a cloud environment -- but still want access to this sensitive data, as well as family-shared data, from their iOS devices. Thanks again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. Let us know how it goes, and if you have any questions, we are always here :)

This discussion has been closed.