Runtastic new password recipe

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited December 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

I was required to create a new login as my old password became invalid from the merging of Runtastic and Adidas. All was well until when I wanted to create a new password and there was no password recipe.

If I started at 40 characters, not knowing if it was too long I had to blindly shorten it to 16 and then it worked. I still don't know the acceptable max length of the new password.

The initial password reset was successful but I could not get in?

I had to forget password from Runtastic.com. Is there a way to tell other than trial and error?

https://runtastic.com/en/login

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

This is odd because after trying quite a few times sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Also, a reset of the Adidas website will reset Runtastic and 1Password logins won't show on each others' sites.

If it matters, I am on Chrome v78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019
    Options

Hey @wkleem! You should be able to view your previously used passwords in the 1Password desktop app. I'm unsure if you're running macOS or Windows since you didn't provide any details in your original post, but on macOS, you'll see a button that says View Password History.

If you click that, you can see any previous password. It's a good idea to try your previous password just to make sure, but it sounds like it eventually worked for you. The fact that it sometimes worked and sometimes didn't confuses me, though. Did you ever end up discovering the password requirements? One thing I would worry about is if they had a maximum of 12 characters, for example, but 1Password filled and saved a 16 character password. I've seen the filled password get truncated to meet the site's requirements behind the scenes. Basically, what you'd end up with is a 16 character password stored in 1Password and a 12 character password saved with the site. Taking a look at password requirements (when they're available) will help you avoid this completely.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

I have a habit of saving everything as New Login so I don't need to View Password history. I thought it might be easier than to browse the logins, but maybe not as I now have more logins than necessary! It's a years old habit and Windows still has an issue with Password cleanup. Thanks. I am on Window 7 currently. I noticed a small icon ReCaptcha in a corner of the Runtastic site also. No need to select anything or input words etc.

Adidas is separate from Runtastic. It's like iCloud and Apple, having their own domains.

There is a persistent X in the new password page. The X does not change irrespective of whether the password is weak or strong. Usually the X should change into a tick sign?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem – Ah, I'm not sure I agree with that habit to be honest. I think I'd have a harder time trying to figure out which Login is the right Login, but to each their own.

For the Runtastic site, I was able to find their password requirements. They're as follows:

When you click the suggested password, make sure that there's an uppercase letter, a lowercase letter, and a number. Typically, there is. If you happen to not meet those requirements, click somewhere else on the page then back into the password field and check the next one. It should refresh each time you click away and back into the field. Once each of those were included in my password, the red X went away. Let me know if you see anything different.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

I have tried to reset the password up to 6 times and have not found a way to make the X change to a tick. Is there a difference between 1Password X and 1Password Extension v4.7.5.90 for Desktop? I have both installed. I prefer the old shortcut Ctrl - . Chrome has its own shortcut for 1Password X which cannot be changed.

• Ben
    Options

Is there a difference between 1Password X and 1Password Extension v4.7.5.90 for Desktop?

There are quite a lot of differences between the two, yes. If one works better than the other for you then you're certainly welcome to use whichever that is.

I have both installed. I prefer the old shortcut Ctrl - . Chrome has its own shortcut for 1Password X which cannot be changed.

The shortcut for 1Password X can be customized so long as you don't have desktop app integration enabled. To manage your settings, click the gear icon in 1Password X and choose Settings. If you are using desktop app integration then the shortcut is controlled by 1Password for Mac, and can be changed in 1Password > Preferences > General.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I will try other methods like iOS and Android.

This discussion has been closed.