Xiaomi Note 8T fingerunlock triggers restart [Update OS]

Gabrie
Gabrie
Community Member
edited January 2020 in Android

Hi, my friend just bought the new Xiaomi Note 8T and when using the fingerprint scanner to either set this as login methode, or use it to unlock, the phone does either a quick reboot or a full reboot.

With quick reboot, I mean that the screen goes black and the 1Password app crashes and she has to unlock her phone again. But definitely not a full reboot.

Is this a known issue?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Gabrie
    Gabrie
    Community Member

1Password: 7.3.4
    Android 9 PKQ1.190616.001
    MUI version:10.3.1.0

• Hi @Gabrie. Can you let me know if she's seeing a crash error, and if she's able to report the feedback to us? Also, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/109626/xiaomi-note-8t-fingerunlock-triggers-restart#latest
    • Your forum username: Gabrie

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Gabrie
    Gabrie
    Community Member

Hi,
    She sent the e-mail with diagnostics report on the 12th, but she didn't get an e-mail with support ID number (yet). We did refer to this thread in the e-mail though.
    Regards

• peri
    edited December 2019

Thanks! I see the email, and it looks like one of my colleagues is helping out.

ref: LIP-87287-869

• susheel
    susheel
    Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue on my new Redmi Note 8t phone :( How do I generate diagnostics report.

Susheel

• peri
    edited December 2019

Thanks, @susheel. I've replied to your email.

ref: VAM-69269-794

• jvanerp
    jvanerp
    Community Member

Ik have the same problem. Any solutions available?

• Hi @jvanerp. In Gabrie's case, there was an update available for the device, and updating the device's OS resolved the problem. Can you please try that and let me know if that helps?

• pepoli
    pepoli
    Community Member

Hi, the same problem for me with a new Xiaomi redmi note 8T. There is no OS update as of today.
    Any suggestion ?

Android 9 PKQ1.190616.001
    MUI version:10.3.1.0
    1Password: 7.5 25 March 2020

• @pepoli I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/109626/xiaomi-note-8t-fingerunlock-triggers-restart-update-os#latest
    • Your forum username: pepoli

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• pepoli
    pepoli
    Community Member

Hi, thanks for your reply.
    I'm now returning back my new smartphone (not only for this issue), so that the problem may be "solved" with the new one, hopefully.
    I'll come back to you just in case the problem is still there.
    If you need me to apply your procedure for your debugging, just let me know, no problem.
    However I could not test a possible solution from after tomorrow on, when my present phone will go away.

• Thanks, @pepoli. Please do let me know if you continue to have trouble after replacing your phone.

This discussion has been closed.