No autofill and PW1 opens with no PW prompt

Options

Hi, I'm a new user. Several questions. Autofill doesn't work on the link below (but works from info copy/pasted-in from info saved in 1PW). And auto-save login/password was presented/saved but never updated in my 1PW account.

And if I close 1PW app, it disappears from Task Manager, but when I open it back up it doesn't as for PW and just opens with no prompt for PW!!! That's not secure!! If I do file/exit, it will prompt on next launch.

https://leplb0770.upoint.alight.com/web/ford/login?forkPage=false#/routing

Please advise,
Jon

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, I'm a new user. Several questions.

@J_Law: Thanks for choosing 1Password! Happy to help. :)

Autofill doesn't work on the link below (but works from info copy/pasted-in from info saved in 1PW).

Can you tell me the browser version you're using there? I'll be happy to test it here as well to see if there's something we can improve.

And auto-save login/password was presented/saved but never updated in my 1PW account.

Which vaults do you have setup in 1Password? You may have saved it to a different one than you expect.

And if I close 1PW app, it disappears from Task Manager, but when I open it back up it doesn't as for PW and just opens with no prompt for PW!!! That's not secure!! If I do file/exit, it will prompt on next launch.

If you do not quit 1Password completely and just close the window, it's still running (you should see the icon in the notification area -- that's how it can work in your browser), and will stay unlocked unless you lock it yourself, or the criteria you've set in 1Password Settings > Security are met. If you do quit 1Password completely -- not just close the window -- then it is no longer running and you will need to enter your Master Password to unlock it the next time you open it.

Anyway, let me know the rest and we'll go from there. :)

• J_Law
    J_Law
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. Chrome 78.0.3904.108 and only one vault setup.

Noted difference between close/exit application. To the best of my knowledge I've not experienced that close/exit are different but imagine loads of people as ignorant as me will make that mistake and unknowingly leave their vault wide open. It seems a chink in the armor to me but I know better now.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@J_Law , 1Password keeps working in the background even if you close the app, and it has an idle-lock timer which will determine when it actually locks up.

You can definitely change these settings:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Press F9 to bring up the settings menu.
    3. Go to the Security tab and change these settings as you see fit. If you prefer 1Password to lock immediately when you close it - you can do that too.

I hope that will help get things going as you want them to, but most users don't like to unlock 1Password over and over in short period of times, so they prefer to have 1Password remaining unlocked for a little while :)

This discussion has been closed.