Yahoo account login

Options

I know that Yahoo presents some challenges for password managers, although 1P is more efficient than the other major tools. I wondered whether you're working on a better approach than the present method, which requires several clicks to log on to an account. Of course, my personal setup may need some adjustment. I attached four screenshots that present the series of windows that I must click through when I open the My Yahoo Page at https://login.yahoo.com/. Each of the screenshots presents a 1P suggestion that I must click. It really doesn't take much effort, but I thought I'd ask for your thoughts. Thanks.

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @jimmyweg ,
    The first two screenshots seems correct - you select your email, then 1Password will autofill the password in the next step automatically.
    Why does Yahoo asks for yet another login right after this one? What's the difference between these logins?

• jimmyweg
    jimmyweg
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Yaron. When I go to Yahoo from 1PX, it displays my Yahoo account in a dropdown menu, as in the screenshot. I click the Yahoo.com entry, and it enters my email address. Then I click Next, and 1P resents Yahoo.com in the dropdown again. I click Yahoo.com,
    and 1P enters my password. I then click Next and Yahoo logs me in. In sum, I click to enter my email address, click Next, click my account again, and click Next again after 1P enters my password.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @jimmyweg ,
    I saw the behavior you are describing but I had a captcha step between the email and the password pages. It seems that the captcha step might have something to do with it. Do you also encounter captcha after the email step?

• jimmyweg
    jimmyweg
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, but no, I've never had a captcha step in Yahoo logins over many years. It seems that captchas usually appear as the last step, after a password is entered.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the info @jimmyweg
    I will forward this info to the devs, hopefully they will be able to address this on our side of things :)

• jimmyweg
    jimmyweg
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. The issue now has another wrinkle. When I go to the sign in window, 1PX no longer presents any options when I click in the email address and password boxes, as in the third screenshot above. Instead, I must click the 1PX icon and select the autofill option for each box. Clicking autofill then enters the email address and password, respectively.

• Hey @jimmyweg, are you using the beta of 1Password X by chance? There's a bug where on a lot of sites currently we aren't showing the inline icon. This should be fixed an upcoming update. :smile:

• jimmyweg
    jimmyweg
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Yes, I'm using the beta. That beta did fix the issue of the inline menu list blocking sign-on buttons on certain of my sites, which wasn't an issue on Yahoo. I'll look forward to the patch.

• I hope we have a new beta soon. :smile:

• jimmyweg
    jimmyweg
    Community Member
    Options

I'm up to date on the beta, but wondered whether there's any word on the Yahoo issue that led me to start this this thread, i.e, all the clicks required to login to my Yahoo email. Thanks.

• Hey @jimmyweg, no update to share as of yet. Thanks for your patience. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.