Chrome autofill problems

Options
chris_merkmeester
chris_merkmeester
Community Member

Hi,

I have read (in another topic) that there is a bug with Chrome and 1Password, causing autofill to not work correctly. Is there any timeframe in regard to fixing this bug? As I am hugely dependent on using Chrome, I would really like to work with 1Password as I did before (it has always worked superb).

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X Catalina
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_rodrigo
    ag_rodrigo
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019
    Options

Hey @chris_merkmeester! Thank you for sending a message.

I'm sorry that you having the same issue there! From your extension version, I'm assuming you are talking about the 1Password Mini issue that is opening, but not autofilling the website, is that correct? If so this is something that has been identified by our team, however we don't have a specific date or time that this will be fixed.

For the time being, there are a few workarounds that might be worth exploring:

1. Use a different web browser (Safari or Firefox) temporarily
    2. Use the 1Password X extension instead of the 1Password extension (desktop app required) extension [requires 1Password membership]

We are working as fast as we can to fix this and other issues, so please keep an eye out for future releases.

ref: dev/apple/issues#4317

• chris_merkmeester
    chris_merkmeester
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_rodrigo,

You are correct, that is the issue I am facing.
    However, I cannot use 1Password X, because I have a single license (no 1password.com membership) and Firefox is not really an option (since I do all my development in Google Chrome).

I will have to wait then. Can you give a hint on a time frame, is it weeks or months?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chris_merkmeester - unfortunately, no. We don't normally pre-announce release dates as many factors (some beyond our control) affect them. Thanks for your patience with us as we work toward a solution, and please stay tuned. You'll see notice of the fix in the Release Notes associated with updates.

• adamspicar
    adamspicar
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue with Chrome autofill. 1Password v. 7.4.1. Is is so annoying that in some instances I have to open 1Password and copy/paste the login information. Hoping for a fix soon. I love 1Password and have been purchasing each new version for a decade or longer now. You guys are doing a fantastic job with this app and I wish you continued success.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the kind words! And also for your patience while we get to the bottom of this.

• jvolino
    jvolino
    Community Member
    Options

It's March 2020 and I'm having the same problem, where I use CMD+\, see the mini window on Chrome browser, hit enter to select the login I want filled, and then the mini window reappears from the menubar, without the current site login(s) selected. Was there any point at which this was supposed to be fixed? I'm on 1Password 7 Version 7.4.3 (70403002) 1Password Store.

This ALWAYS worked fine in 1Password 6. I wish I hadn't upgraded now.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jvolino

This was significantly improved in this version of the extension:
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-beta-desktop-ap/phicbbndgmmpogmijjkbmdhpioaieaha

Please try removing the currently installed extension and then install this version.

Ben

• jvolino
    jvolino
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I will try it.

• Ben
    Options

Sounds like a plan. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.