Can I add new field in user/pass section?

Options

Hi. I want to customise some of my entries - for some sites (like AWS Console) I would like to add, besides username and password, third field (Account, in my example). Is it possible?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 7.4.1
OS Version: 10.15.2
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @ftpd ,
    I believe what you are looking for can be done as follows:
    1. Open the 1Password 7 desktop app and unlock it.
    2. Find the login you wish to add fields in and click on it once to highlight it.
    3. Click the "Edit" button to enter edit mode.
    4. Under the username and password fields there are several other fields that you can edit, and you can also add your own fields, name them and customize their type.

However, I think you might find that the "Notes" section of the login will be most useful if it is just information you'd like to have visible before you autofill. Input all of the information you'd like to have visible there and see how it looks when you autofill in your browser.

• ftpd
    ftpd
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Yaron, thanks for your reply.
    Actually, I'm looking for something else - I want to add a field which will be also filled, alongside with user and pass. I'm not basic user, so I know how to add 'other' fields to my object in 1P, don't worry ;-)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, thanks for clarifying @ftpd
    If the website has these actual fields that needs to be filled other than the username/password, then I suggest you get to that page, manually fill in all the fields, then save a new login manually: https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

That should make 1Password record all of the fields on the page and should also allow it to autofill these fields afterwards. However, if that doesn't work, you can definitely add more fields to the autofilling action manually:
    1. Edit a login item in the desktop app.
    2. Scroll down and click on the "View saved form details". It will reveal all the fields that were recorded from the page.
    3. Add new fields, set their type on the right (e.g. text field / password field / phone number etc).
    4. Give the field a name. This is crucial, the name should be identical to the actual name of the field that is on the page. You can check it by right clicking the field and selecting "Inspect", which will reveal the HTML code of the page where you will have to find the field's name.
    5. After naming the field, populate it with whatever you want 1Password to autofill in it.

I hope that works for you :)
    If you require further assistance I suggest you share the URL of the website and let me know what exactly do you need to be autofilled.

This discussion has been closed.