Safari doesn't think the 1Password extension is installed, but it is.

Options
jeffmcml0527
jeffmcml0527
Community Member

I'm running MacOS 10.13.6. When I click the 1Password icon in Safari, nothing happens. When I click the icon in menu bar, I get a message to install the 1Password extension in Safari. But going to Preferences > Extensions, it IS installed and enabled. I can't remove it without removing the 1Password application. Disabling / enabling or quitting / restarting Safari has no effect.

Note that I just reformatted my hard drive and did a clean install of MacOS, and restored from backup.

So how do I resolve this?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.1 (70401002) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: 7.4.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @jeffmcml0527

Looks like the Safari App Extension is having a little bit of trouble. What I would suggest is removing 1Password, restarting your machine, reinstalling 1Password and then rebooting again. See if that helps resolve matters.

Make sure that Safari is closed, then close out 1Password entirely (ctrl+option+cmd+Q). Then restart your machine. Then grab 1Password again from our website, install it and restart your machine once more. Then open up Safari, make sure the 1Password extension is enabled and try again.

This discussion has been closed.