Issue to save a new login for the Rockstar games social club website on Mac only

Options
tetardbleu
tetardbleu
Community Member
edited December 2019 in Mac

Hello AG Team,

I wanted to report that I just tried to save a new password for the Rockstar games social club’s website (https://fr.socialclub.rockstargames.com/) . No save password prompt from the Mac nor the PC version of the desktop app. Not a big deal, however, save a new login manually from the browser, didn't work with the Mac extensions (desktop app required) neither (the pop-up window that normally appears in this case just didn't... I just hear my default system sound alert when trying). I tried this with three browsers. Save the login manually from the browser worked with the windows PC as expected.
I'm up to date with the apps and extensions on both computers.

For the record, I tried to save a login manually on another random website on the Mac and it worked as usual, so there is probably a specific problem with the Rockstar game’s website.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tetardbleu - thanks for flagging this. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get it to fail in the way you said you did. To be fair, I am using a beta version of 1Password 7 for Mac, but I doubt that's the problem, as I was able to save it on stable-channel 1Password 7 for Windows as well. If you're interested, you could try clicking "include beta builds" in 1Password > Preferences > Updates on the Mac side, but I don't know that you'll have success with that. You may want to check things like content blockers, VPN software, proxies or AV software on either the device or network level. Let me know what you discover!

• tetardbleu
    tetardbleu
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

Thanks @Lars . I found out what the problem was.

If I save the login after entering it myself, the option work as intended. However, it won't work if the fields are filled automatically by Safari (via a previously saved password in keychain), and then I try to add the login in 1password, by adding it as described earlier, when the prompt to save doesn't come up. As far as I remember, this is the first time it doesn't work. :(

On a side note, could you tell me if the 1passwordX app integration allows the 1password prompt after login ?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tetardbleu - I haven't tried in a long while to save a new 1Password item that's been filled by another password manager, primarily because we recommend users turn off their browser’s built-in password manager(s). It can cause confusion and even potentially data loss, if you think something's been saved when it hasn't -- or has only been saved somewhere else.

Not sure what you mean by "allows the 1Password prompt after login?"

• tetardbleu
    tetardbleu
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

Not sure what you mean by "allows the 1Password prompt after login?">

When using the extension (app required), on most websites when we click to log in, if the password isn't in 1password, a prompt to save appears. With 1password x we are supposed to save the login before trying to connect so there is no prompt. see : https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/97422/prompt-to-save-new-site-password-after-login/p1

I was wondering if the app integration could restore the behavior of the classic extension on this subject.

@tetardbleu - I haven't tried in a long while to save a new 1Password item that's been filled by another password manager, primarily because we recommend users turn off their browser’s built-in password manager(s). It can cause confusion and even potentially data loss, if you think something's been saved when it hasn't -- or has only been saved somewhere else.>

Yes, I know your recommendations. However I like to use both Keychain and 1password when I use Safari and I consider that I know what I'm doing when I do so. I'm just pointing out the fact that 1password can save a login previously filled by Keychain (and still can, I just tried with another website where I have a password for in keychain), but not with this one specifically and I wondered why.

Edit : I should add that the password can't be added at all, even when filled by 1password. However, I just have to add something in the username or password fields, and then remove it, to be able to save the login manually as usual.

• Ben
    Options

I was wondering if the app integration could restore the behavior of the classic extension on this subject.

I see. I don't know if that would be possible, but I can certainly pass the feedback along to the 1Password X team.

but not with this one specifically and I wondered why.

I would suspect a conflict with the built-in password manager. If you turn that off (temporarily) does the behavior change?

Ben

• tetardbleu
    tetardbleu
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

I would suspect a conflict with the built-in password manager. If you turn that off (temporarily) does the behavior change?>

Thanks @Ben, but as I previously said, the behavior is the same when I use 1password to fill the login. I can't then save (a copy of) it manually until I edit the login form myself by adding and then removing a random character. Then again, I really think this is a website specific issue as this workflow works perfectly the rest of the time.

I see. I don't know if that would be possible, but I can certainly pass the feedback along to the 1Password X team.>

Thanks, I'm among the users who are used to working that way (save login prompt) but I'm pretty sure I would fall in love with 1password x otherwise.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @Ben, but as I previously said, the behavior is the same when I use 1password to fill the login.

That wasn't my question, though. :) It may not make any difference, but I'd suggest turning off Safari's autofill entirely as a troubleshooting measure and see if things work differently.

Then again, I really think this is a website specific issue as this workflow works perfectly the rest of the time.

That could definitely be the case.

Ben

• tetardbleu
    tetardbleu
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

That wasn't my question, though. :) It may not make any difference, but I'd suggest turning off Safari's autofill entirely as a troubleshooting measure and see if things work differently.

oh, sorry... My bad. :(

• Ben
    Options

No worries. Let me know if you decide to try that.

Ben

• tetardbleu
    tetardbleu
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried. it doesn't change anything. Note that the same thing happens in chrome and Firefox, where built in password managers are always deactivated.

This discussion has been closed.