How do I put documents into the Secure Notes (below Logins in the Categories)?

Options
brianhfarr
brianhfarr
Community Member

I'm new to 1Password. I can not find instructions for using the Secure Notes. Can someone point me in the right direction?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 (70401002)
Extension Version: Version 7.4.1
OS Version: OS Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I put documents into the Secure Notes (below Logins in the Categories)?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @brianhfarr! I'm not sure what you're looking for, specifically. You can create a new Secure Note by clicking the plus ( + ) button at the top-middle of the main 1Password window and choosing Secure Note from the pop-up. From there, give it a title, then move your cursor to the main notes body and enter whatever data you like. You can even format your Secure Notes with Markdown if you wish. Hope that's helpful! :)

• brianhfarr
    brianhfarr
    Community Member
    Options

Thank You Lars!
    You opened the door for Secure Notes ... a door so simple I missed it.
    {:>)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brianhfarr - you're quite welcome! Glad I was able to help. There are a number of preset Categories of items you can create in 1Password. Clicking the plus button will show you all the options. If you're new, the one thing I will mention is that all of those categories except one require the plus button to create. The one exception is Login items (which is also for most people the most-commonly used: online accounts/logins). For those, make sure you use the recommended method to save new Login/Password items in your browser, instead of with the plus button in 1Password. Have a great week! :)

This discussion has been closed.