1Password extension is installed, but I keep getting message to install it

Options
rdm68yu
rdm68yu
Community Member

Every time I try to use 1Password now, I keep getting a message saying "Install the 1Password extension to fill passwords, credit cards and addresses in Google Chrome", accompanied by a button saying "Add 1Password to Google Chrome". I've removed and reinstalled the latest extension twice, & I've tried turning my Mac off and on. How can I make this message stop? Thank you!

1Password Version: 7.4
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud?
Referrer: forum-search:1Password extension is installed, but I keep getting message to install it

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rdm68yu

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Could you please confirm if you are installing the 1Password X extension or the 1Password (desktop app required) extension? The latter would be the one you would want for this situation. If that is indeed the extension you've installed... as the version information you provided indicates... we'd need to do some troubleshooting.

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/109847/1password-extension-is-installed-but-i-keep-getting-message-to-install-it#latest
    • Your forum username: rdm68yu

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• rdm68yu
    rdm68yu
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben -
    Back home from holiday travels now - sorry for the delay in my response. Thank you for your message of 12/17. I just went to the Chrome Web Store & clicked on "1Password extension (desktop app required)", which took me to a page with a blue button saying "Remove from Chrome". That suggests that the desktop app extension IS the one that's currently installed on my Mac. So we need to do some troubleshooting, yes? Many thanks for your assistance.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rdm68yu:

I see that you have sent us a diagnostics report via email, thank you! So we don't duplicate answers by posting in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion so we can continue the troubleshooting via email.

ref: NPR-53963-292

This discussion has been closed.