Login items don't link when selecting from login list

Options
zenitsky
zenitsky
Community Member

I just updated to 1Password 7 on my MacBook Air. While I like some of the new features, I have noticed that when I click on a login item in the list it no longer links to that site. Instead, it just opens my browsers home page. As an alternative, I often choose the website link, which usually works. How can I get 1Password to link to the site just by clicking the item? This always worked in previous versions.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@zenitsky - that sounds as if you don't have the extension installed or possibly activated in your browser. Are you using Safari? If so, open Safari > Preferences > Extensions and make sure the 1Password extension is enabled (checked) in the Extensions panel. If you're using Chrome or Firefox, make sure you can see the 1Password extension in your browser's toolbar, and if not, visit https://1password.com/browsers to download the appropriate extension.

• zenitsky
    zenitsky
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Lars. I did have the 1Password Extension (v. 7.4.1) installed and activated. What I do notice is that when I double click on a login item more often than not, it doesn't respond to my commands. Sometimes I can right-click on that item and select the "Fill Login in Browser" command. That works most of the time. The third method I use is to click the website link. That seems to work most of the time as well. I still use 1Password 6 on my older Mac where a double-click on the login list always opens the link. Not sure what the problem is with the new version.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @zenitsky

We have heard a couple of similar reports but for some reason it only seems to be affecting a handful of customers. We're investigating the situation. If further information is required to track it down we'll be in touch. :)

Thanks for taking the time to report the problem.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@zenitsky

Actually, in re-reading the description for the issue I was referring to above, I'm not sure that is the same problem you're experiencing. With that issue the credentials were being filled properly, but 1Password mini was also (unexpectedly) opening. It sounds like in your case the credentials are not being filled. Is that correct? If that is the case, I'd like to ask you to reproduce the problem, note the time, and then create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/109853/login-items-dont-link-when-selecting-from-login-list#latest
    • Your forum username: zenitsky
    • The time at which the problem occurred

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.