I got a new computer

Options
blackson
blackson
Community Member

Is there any possible way I could talk to a person?

1Password Version: 6.8.8, 6.8.9, 7
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: 10.11.6, 10.15.1
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @blackson! You're talking to a person now. ;) If you mean via telephone, telephone and "live chat" screen-sharing isn't available for 1Password technical support, but I'm happy to continue assisting you right here if that's OK with you. If you need to discuss aspects of your setup in more detail that shouldn't be in this public forum, feel free to reach out to our email support team at support@1password.com -- how can we help?

• blackson
    blackson
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. I guess I need to go the email route. I have to say, 1Password works flawlessly the vast majority of the time, but the 1 or 2 times a year it isn't, a phone conversation would solve things in at most 30 minutes whereas email support ends up taking several days at best. Being down for 30 minutes versus several days is huge. I would pay triple for this product to have phone support a couple times a year. ... just something to float to the people making decisions. Thanks for your help.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blackson - sorry for the inconvenience. It's not about money, it's about the fact that "live" options like telephone support have multiple drawbacks; detailed information that's often required to assist users such as screenshots, diagnostics reports and console/crash logs can't be sent via telephone, complicated multi-step instructions are far more replicable and easy to follow if they're written down, and telephone calls provide neither party a record of what was discussed, problems identified, solutions tried (successfully or unsuccessfully). Email does all of that.

When you write in to support@1password.com, you'll get an automated reply from our BitBot assistant letting you know we received your message and one of us will be with you shortly. It will contain a Support ID number. It will look like this: #YKZ-13859-027. Please post the support ID you receive in a reply to this thread here so we can help "connect the dots" and get you helped as quickly as possible. Thanks. :)

This discussion has been closed.