FEATURE REQUEST: Create new login details from the web form

Options

If you already have this, awesome. I haven't seen it, so would be happy to be educated. Currently, when creating a new account on a web form, I first go to 1Password to manually generate a password (using a "password generator" login entry I created for this purpose), which I then cut and paste back in the account create form, and then 1Password saves the new entry.

It would be great if I could be on the account page in the browser, launch the 1Password extension and have it generate a password, enter it in the form and create the new entry all without leaving the browser.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @BH1P !
    1Password X currently does this - while you are on the page it shows up on its own inside relevant fields and suggest to save it in 1Password. In new passwords fields it automatically suggests a strong new password. If you have a membership account you can give it a go right now: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

We're working on bringing that experience to all platforms so hopefully this behavior will reach all users in the near future, but until then 1Password X is the way to go :)

• BH1P
    BH1P
    Community Member
    Options

Cool, thanks!!

• :smile: On behalf of Yaron, you're very welcome. Let us know if you ever have any feedback on 1Password X. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.