No autofill on Mac after software update

Options
NeilMurray
NeilMurray
Community Member

27" late 2013 iMac running Mojave 10.14.6 and Safari 13.0.4. When right-clicking on a password field, the 1password option comes up on the dropdown, but clicking on it does nothing. I have to physically copy the password from the 1Password app.

Running 1Password7.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @NeilMurray

I just tried to replicate your issue, and I was unable to do that. :( However, I am using macOS Catalina. Have you recently applied any updates to your OS? I would try a restart of your machine. This often cleans up any files that may have been in use during an update. Also, it gives the OS a chance to reload any extensions. Once that's complete, try your login again.

Additionally, are you experiencing this for one specific site, or is it all sites?

Happy Holidays!

• NeilMurray
    NeilMurray
    Community Member
    Options

It's just had the usual software updates. I'll try a restart as you suggest and report back.

• NeilMurray
    NeilMurray
    Community Member
    Options

OK, restarted and now it's not working at all. Right-click on my eBay sign-in and all I get on the dropdown ,for the password box is Paste (Cut & Copy are greyed out) and Inspect Element.
    Ditto on my British Airways login.
    Double-clicking on the login details in the 1Password app also used to open a new tab in Safari and now it doesn't.
    Allof a sudden, 1Password is functionally useless unless i Physically copy and paste every username and login from it. Not amused.

• NeilMurray
    NeilMurray
    Community Member
    Options

OK, now it's working. The 1Password extensin in Safari was unchecked. No idea how that happened. Thanks for your help. Baffled here. My mouse icon has been appearing and disappearing from the screen as well, and I'm wondering if this is related though I can't see how!

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2019
    Options

I am sorry, I have not seen the mouse issue you're describing. I am glad you're up and running now.

Please get in touch, if you need further assistance.

This discussion has been closed.