Autofill initially fills incorrect form details. Autofilling a second time enters the correct info

Options

As per a comment on this discussion, @kaitlyn asked me to provide more information.

I've experienced this on a handful of pages, one reliably reproducible one is https://console.aws.amazon.com

Clicking on Autofill for the relevant login, appears to make use of the account2 and username2 web form details the first try. Clicking on Autofill a second time will use the correct account and username web form details.

As mentioned in the previous discussion, modifying/removing the web form details is not possible on 1PasswordX.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.17.0
OS Version: Linux (Firefox)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @mheynz, thanks for this report. Would you be able to attach a screenshot of the sign-in page, too, and/or provide steps to get to the page you're having trouble with? I think the page I'm hitting might be a bit more simplified and not what you're looking at. Thanks!

• berto
    berto
    Community Member
    Options

On AWS this is happening to me as well. My 1P entry for this account has an OTP associated with it, and even though the additional form details has a value for the account field, it's getting replaced by an OTP value.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @berto! You're running into a separate issue, but I'm still happy to help. A couple weeks ago now, the AWS sign in page was changed under the hood, which threw off 1Password a bit. Since then, we've pushed a fix to 1Password X. That said, I can see that you're using the 1Password companion extension rather than 1Password X. I don't have an update on when the fix will be released to the 1Password desktop apps. We did find a workaround, though. What you can do is add a custom section with a label of account and a value of [your account number]. That should resolve filling in the meantime, even with the 1Password companion extension that you're using. Let me know if you have any trouble!

• berto
    berto
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, adding a field by that name worked!

I’m confused as to why the value by that name in “additional form details” is not used.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@berto – I'm happy to hear that worked for you! After the 1Password desktop apps update the filling algorithm, the workaround won't be necessary any longer. :)

This discussion has been closed.