Remove accounts from “found on your Mac”

Options
Unalio
Unalio
Community Member

Hi,

I recently did a fresh macOS install on my MacBook Pro (not ). Since I decided to give 1Password another try, I installed 1Password for Mac. When first started I selected 1Password.com to login. In the next step a list appears showing the accounts found on my Mac.

I’m wondering where these information come from – knowing I deleted my disk multiple times before the macOS installation. I’m not using Dropbox or iCloud.

So I followed the instructions here to uninstall 1Password and delete all 1Password data. Additionally I removed some files I found in ~/Library/Application Scripts, ~/Library/Group Containers and /var/folders. After re-downloading the installer and starting 1Password for Mac the accounts still appear in the list mentioned above.

Is there a way to clear this list? I don’t really want the next owner of my MacBook to get a list of my 1Password accounts and email addresses.

Thanks a lot and merry christmas
Thomas

(Sorry for my bad english)

1Password Version: 7.4.1 (70401002)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS X 10.15.2
Sync Type: none

Comments

• Hey Thomas, @Unalio

Thanks for writing in and btw your English is excellent. :)

That list comes from the macOS keychain through keychain syncing. It's is only available to Apple devices you're signed into via your Apple ID and have keychain syncing enabled. It would not be passed on to another owner of that Mac provided you follow Apple's instructions on What to do before you sell, give away, or trade-in your Mac. I would not necessarily suggest removing entries from the keychain since they are only available to you. While it is possible, I generally stay away from tinkering with the macOS keychain.

I hope this helps if you have further questions, please reach out.

Tommy

• Unalio
    Unalio
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

Wow, thank you so much for your super fast and very helpful answer :)

I actually imported my old keychain >_<

• You're very welcome.

This discussion has been closed.