Cosmetic issue

In some cases, 1P nicely enters my user name and password in the appropriate boxes as soon as I click in either box. However, the small 1P account selection window then opens and obscures the sign-in button. So, I have to click to close that window before I can click the sign-in button. See the screenshot. This isn't a big deal, as its only an extra click. But if there's a setting that I can adjust to prevent this, all the better. Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1PX, 1.17.0
OS Version: win 10, chrome
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jimmyweg,

It seems that you use 1Password X, so I moved your thread to 1Password X category, I hope you don't mind. :)

I agree, it is not very convenient when 1Password X prompt obstructs the sign-in button. Are you able to press Enter to submit the sign-in form instead of clicking that button? Does it works this way?

Thanks!

++
    Greg

• jimmyweg
    jimmyweg
    Community Member

Thanks, Greg. Yes, Enter works, but for some reason, there's a 2-3 second delay. Plus, I have to move my hand to the keyboard. It's quicker to just use an extra click.

• Hey @jimmyweg — I appreciate the clarification. We definitely don't want to be covering up those important buttons. Can you share the link(s) to any sites you've encountered this obstruction on so we can get the issue reported to our developers? Thank you in advance!

• jimmyweg
    jimmyweg
    Community Member

Thanks. One is https://www.wellsfargo.com/. On another, https://www.chase.com/, the login window is only partially blocked, leaving enough of the button to click.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@jimmyweg – I don't mean to pull you in a different direction, but I think the main issue here is that the inline menu reopens after your credentials are filled. I'm not sure there would be a reliable way to make sure the inline menu never blocks any buttons from a code perspective, but I would like to make sure we aren't blocking any buttons when you actually need to click them. Just so I'm clear on the steps to reproduce the issue, does it go something like this?

1. Search for your Wells Fargo Login item in 1Password X and click Go.
    2. Click inside the username field and your username and password fill.
    3. The inline menu reopens underneath the password field.

It's number 3 that shouldn't happen. I was able to reproduce the behavior in the stable version of 1Password X, but it's since been fixed in the beta as far as I can tell. Would you be willing to give the beta version a try and see if it's behaving any better for you on Wells Fargo and Chase's websites? If so, you can install it in Chrome here. Let me know what you find!

• jimmyweg
    jimmyweg
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

Thanks, Kaitlyn. That's exactly what happens. I will say that, if I wait until the entire page and it's "offspring" open, the issue usually does not present. That, however, takes a bit of time. I'll try the beta and report back.

Update: I installed 1PX from your link, but the version still reads 1.17.0. Plus the issue remains as before

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@jimmyweg – Well, good. I'm glad we're on the same page.

That's interesting that you're still seeing 1.17.0 as the version. When you visit chrome://extensions/ in Chrome, do you see 1Password X beta or just 1Password X?

• jimmyweg
    jimmyweg
    Community Member

Yes, the Chrome extension page does show the beta, but also shows the official release, as in the screenshot. The issue was that they both were active, and I didn't notice that I had two 1PX icons on my menu bar. I only had looked in the 1PX 17 settings menu and not the Chrome extensions page. I thought the beta would replace 17. More importantly, the beta seems to do the trick, and works great on the Wells Fargo page as well as Chase! I guess that, if clicking in a box on a login window fills in your creds, there isn't a need for opening the window that was troublesome. If you have more than one login for a site, then it's necessary. Thanks again, Kaitlyn! :)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@jimmyweg – You're very welcome! I'm glad to hear the beta did the trick. You're welcome to keep the stable version disabled for now, and switch back to stable after the next update if you'd prefer. I don't have an exact date for the release, but it should update automatically for you. If you come across anything like this in the future, don't hesitate to reach back out to us. :)

This discussion has been closed.