Bug - After changing secret key, 1Password autofills old secret key

sgetliffe
sgetliffe
Community Member

I recently migrated from 1Password.com to 1Password.eu, meaning my secret key changed. I amended the Secret key in my '1password' login item, copying the new secret key from Preferences>Accounts, but whenever I visit 1password.eu and try and autofill my credentials, 1Password autofills the old secret key every time. The easy solution is to copy and paste the secret key from 1Password itself, but it's just weird that it won't autofill.

I've tried clearing the secret key and adding the new one, I've also tried duplicating the login item, but still it will always autofill the original secret key. It's a bit frustrating! Does anyone know how I can fix this?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.2.BETA-1 (70402001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.2
Sync Type: 1Password.eu

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sgetliffe! Welcome to the forum!

And thank you for your patience here, it took us a bit longer than we would have liked to reply to your question over the holidays!

When you visit 1Password.eu, you say that "1Password autofills the old secret key every time". Does this mean that when you visit 1Password.eu to login, all the login fields are empty? Or are they already filled in, without even using 1Password, and the only thing you can enter is your Master Password?

This discussion has been closed.