Help with saving login/password

yusheng
yusheng
Community Member
edited December 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

https://www.ctbcbank.com/twrbo/zh_tw/index.html
https://www.cathaybk.com.tw/MyBank/Home/Login

The login for banks in Taiwan typically require three fields. ID number, User ID and Password. The two links above are two of the banks I use.

1Password is not saving all three fields. How do I make it so that all the fields are saved and auto fills? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @yusheng!

Have you tried saving the logins items manually already?

• yusheng
    yusheng
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

I managed to figure out how to save the items manually, thanks, but my followup question is: I can't seem to make it autofill? I have to use the hotkey to invoke the 1Password X dialog box and click on the button "Autofill" for the fields to be filled in.

Is there anyway for the fields to be actually automatically filled as the page loads without me doing anything? Lastpass can do that. Can't seem to figure out how to do that with 1P.

I'm using Chrome and the 1Password X extension.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @yusheng ,
    If you are clicking on "Go" from 1Password X, it will launch the page and if there is a visible login form, clicking on the fields with your mouse will autofill them immediately. It works well in Cathay bank, but it does not work in CTBC bank because the login form is not visible on the page as it loads.

However, I was able to autofill both pages normally by clicking the little 1Password icon that shows up in the username/password fields and selecting my login from there. If it misses a field, I simply click on that field and autofill it again. Here's an example: https://recordit.co/lcw3IPqggK
    If that is not what you are seeing, please right click the 1Password extension icon on the top right side of your browser and select "Settings". Then scroll down to the "Autofill" section in the settings and make sure that both options there are enabled.

• yusheng
    yusheng
    Community Member

Okay, so when I go to a website from 1Password X and click on any of the fields, they do fill in immediately. Thanks I tried that and that is better, but if I go to the website from my browser's bookmarks or if I type the URL manually by autocompleting in the location bar, then this doesn't work, correct?

Also, there's no setting where the credentials are filled in automatically as soon as the page loads without me clicking on anything, is that correct?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2020

Hey @yusheng ,
    1Password will never autofill anything without your permission or instructions. Having a password manager autofill automatically without the user's command is highly unsecured :)

This discussion has been closed.