Saving new Logins for sites with existing Logins

Comments

• cnanders
    cnanders
    Community Member

I'm using 1Password 7 on macOS 10.14.5 in Chrome 79.0.3945.88. I have to go through this manual process of adding the new login info (username, password) for any sites where I already have a login credential stored. I have multiple accounts on some sites so this is kind of annoying. I would think anytime 1Password sees a unique username + URL it would auto-ask to save.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cnanders! Welcome to the forum!

I would think anytime 1Password sees a unique username + URL it would auto-ask to save.

1Password should do this on any website where there is a login form that you submit, no matter whether you have an existing login item for it or not. Is this happening on every website, or just on a specific one?

• cnanders
    cnanders
    Community Member

I only tried it on one website yesterday. I just tried it again and it worked. Possibly could have been the combination of tabs I had open or something. I often have multiple tabs of that site open at once.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@cnanders:

Thank you for the update. Understood, if you notice this happening again, please let us know and we can test this further.

This discussion has been closed.