Unable to re-add a family member

wrussell61
wrussell61
Community Member

Hi - I had previously added my daughter to our family account. Either she never set it up or doesn't remember doing it. When I try to resend the e-mail invitation to set up 1Password, there is an error and it doesn't send the email.

The error is --

Failed to resend invitation.
Unknown error: Unknown error: The request response is empty
LegacyServerError: Unknown error: The request response is empty (900)
Session: 7UOBFEIA4FH67KCDTWQ7Y6ROME
Time: 2020-01-06 11:57:05 -06:00

Not sure how to get past this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• wrussell61
    wrussell61
    Community Member

I finally got past this error by deleting her from our family plan completely and re-adding her. But now, when she tries to set up 1Password from the e-mail sent, it won't let her log in. The first screen asks for her full name and a memorable master password. She enters that info and it takes her to the next screen where it asks her to log-in. From there, it just keeps telling her to re-check her master password. We have tried several times and have even resorted to trying a very short password in order to make sure we weren't typing it in wrong.

Is it looking for a master password from the prior attempt to add her?

COMPLETELY confused as to what to do at this point.

She has nothing stored in the vault. I deleted the app on her phone but I am out of ideas.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wrussell61! Welcome to the forum!

I think perhaps the browser is remembering her previous account information. If you have her open your invitation link in a private window in the browser instead, is she able to complete the account creation?

• wrussell61
    wrussell61
    Community Member

I will have to try again in about a week. I will let you know if that works.

Thx

• Sounds like a plan.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.