Why does "suggestions" always show identities?

Options
expadz
expadz
Community Member

When using chrome extension, when I arrive at login site such as this support forum, it would show login ID and also all the identity cards I have in my 1Password. Most of the time these are not relevant for me since ID cards are like driver licenses and nationality card for example that have nothing to do with the website. But this shows up as "suggestion" on every website login when I click on the 1Password button on top right-hand corner.

Am I not understanding the purpose of this? or is this some sort of an unintended feature/bug?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 1.17
OS Version: OS X 10.15.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:suggestions

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @expadz

The primary purpose of items in the Identities category is to assist with filling in your name, email address, address, etc such as is often required when registering for a new account or when checking out from an eCommerce site. They always appear as suggestions because we don't currently have a good way to determine programmatically when they may or may not be relevant. We list them at the bottom of the suggestions list, below any Login items, for this reason.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.