Using WLAN Server For Multiple iOS Devices

Options
SelfHighFive
SelfHighFive
Community Member

Is there no way to sync 1Password data from a Mac to an iPhone and an iPad using the WLAN server? Would perfer not to use iCloud syncing.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @SelfHighFive

There is, but of the choices it would be the solution we'd be least enthusiastic to recommend. The WLAN server was designed for a different landscape than what we currently face. Any of the other solutions would likely work more smoothly and with less frustrations. What holds you back from syncing with iCloud? We'd be happy to discuss.

If you're set on the WLAN Server though it can sync one computer to multiple mobile devices. What it cannot do is sync multiple computers. If multiple computers are part of the equation then the WLAN Server is not an appropriate solution.

Ben

• SelfHighFive
    SelfHighFive
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Ben for the quick response.

I can appreciate 1Password offering multiple options to sync data and the encryption behind it. That being said, with password data being so sensitive, I think it is important to have an option where I have the option to avoid any cloud based options and control the ability where my data is stored.

I didn't realize you could still sync between a single Mac Desktop with an iPhone and a iPad as long as there is no additional desktop system in the equation. I wasn't sure if you could run into conflicts using this configuration.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SelfHighFive - yep! You definitely can. Instructions can be found here, and if you run into any difficulties, this troubleshooting guide represents the sum of our ability to troubleshoot, owing the the many factors that are outside of our control with WLAN sync, such as local network and router setups, etc. Let us know how you get on! :)

This discussion has been closed.