2nd user on Mac unable to open/delete vault

Options
BillyBobster
BillyBobster
Community Member

Hi,

My wife and I maintain separate logins/user accounts for our Mac and have a families 1 Password account, but recently she said she couldn't access her vaults at all. She is still able to access her vaults through her iPhone, but the Mac vault wouldn't open. I have tried uninstalling multiple times, following the instructions to remove all traces of the app (although it still recognises when I do a clean install again that it finds the family account - maybe that's from iCloud, I don't know), but when I go to her Mac user login, her vault won't open - I don't seem to be able to delete her vault and start afresh. I have recovered and restored her account and can access her account and vaults online through Safari, but not the app itself.

Any help very gratefully received.

BB

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.1 (70401002)
Extension Version: 7.4.1
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BillyBobster! Welcome to the forum!

but the Mac vault wouldn't open.

Can you please clarify what you mean by this? What do you see exactly when you launch the 1Password app on her Mac?

• BillyBobster
    BillyBobster
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for reply! Sorry - wasn't clear - by "Mac vault", I meant her 1 password vault through her separate user login. The appearance is exactly the same as my user login, which works fine - the vault window appears prompting for the master password, but the vault then "shudders" when I try to enter it as it doesn't recognise it. Whenever I do a fresh install, she has the same issue. It's almost as if it's a legacy vault requiring a previous password that might have opened it, but I don't appear to be able to get rid of it even via recovery. And just to be clear, she still has full access to her vaults though the 1Password website and on her iPhone.

Thanks.

• @BillyBobster

Please create a diagnostics report from within her Mac user account, using the appropriate selection in the following link to create that report for your device(s). Once we receive your response, we can maintain a direct line of communication and be in a better position to assist you. After you submit the report, you will receive an auto-reply, with a ticket ID, please post back with that ID #.

• Send the report from the email tied to your account, and to support+forum@1password.com
    • Do not post the diagnostic report here in the forums. This is for you privacy and safety.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Master Password, or Secret Key:
    About 1Password diagnostics reports https://support.1password.com/diagnostics-privacy/

• BillyBobster
    BillyBobster
    Community Member
    Options

Done... #MAT-74396-526

Thanks again for any help

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you! I confirm that I was able to locate your email in our systems. To avoid replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion, and someone will get back to you via email as soon as possible :)

ref: MAT-74396-526

This discussion has been closed.