1PW 7.4.1 does not always open new tab and autofill in Safari

Options
timbinaz
timbinaz
Community Member

Using 1Password extension with Safari 13.0.4, when I click the Go button for a login, sometimes nothing happens. In that case, I need to click the extension icon once and the new tab opens and (usually) autofills. Sometimes when clicking Go, the new tab opens right away. Why doesn't Go always open the new tab and autofill?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 7.4.1
OS Version: OSX 10.15.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1PW 7.4.1 does not always open new tab and autofill in Safari

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @timbinaz!

I have just tested this here and I could not reproduce this issue. Are you able to give us a set of steps that make this happen consistently, so we can test them here too?

• timbinaz
    timbinaz
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried 6 different logins before I got the failure. Here's the repeated sequence.
    1. Quit Safari (if it's already running)
    2. Click on the extension icon, extension window pops up, select logins, scroll down to the desired entry, click Go.
    3a. Tab doesn't open and autofill. Click the extension icon again and the tab will open and autofill. Interesting that, in this case, the extension window does not pop up when the icon is clicked.
    3b. Tab opens and autofills.
    4. Quit Safari.
    Unfortunately, I could not get the same login to exhibit the problem twice in a row.

If I find a login where the problem is repeatable, I'll forward the login details to you. Seems like it occurs about 1 out of 5 or 6 times for me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @timbinaz. Those steps worked for me here with Safari, even after I repeated them. We will keep an eye out for other similar reports though :+1:

This discussion has been closed.