How to delete 1Password6 from Mac menu bar

Options
petek
petek
Community Member

I had 1Password6 installed on my Mac. I upgraded to 1Password7 (subscription). Now I have both 1Password6 and 1Password7 in my Mac menu bar. If I uncheck 'Show 1Password in the menu bar' in Preferences, both go away. Re-checking causes them both to return. How can I get rid of 1Password6 from the menu bar and leave 1Password7?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @petek!

Is there a reason why you are keeping both 1Password apps installed, and you haven't uninstalled version 6 after upgrading to version 7? Do you perhaps plan to keep using both?

• petek
    petek
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, I believe that I had 1Password 4 installed previously on my MacBook, not 1P6. I removed the 1Password 4 app before I installed 1P7 - maybe that was my mistake? I guess I should have unselected 'Show 1Password in menu bar' in 1P4 before I removed it.

In ~/Library/Application Support' I have a 1Password directory and a '1Password 4' directory. The 1P4 directory has a Backups directory with recent backups in it, so I don't want to remove that directory. The 1Password directory is older, but has a Backups directory that has backups from this past Dec.

• Ben
    Options

@petek

I think perhaps at this point the best course of action would be to move this conversation to email and take a look at a diagnostic report so we can address your individual setup. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/110468/how-to-delete-1password6-from-mac-menu-bar#latest
    • Your forum username: petek

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• petek
    petek
    Community Member
    Options

I downloaded the 1Password Troubleshooting app and ran it to generate the Diagnostic Report. After that, I looked at the other things it had; Permissions, Ext Attr, Launch Services. I went to Launch Services and did 'Reset Launch Services'. When I completely shut down 1Password and started it back, the old menu bar item was gone. So it looks like that took care of my issue.

support ID:

[#AJG-81673-894]

Thanks!

• Thank you for letting us know that solved the issue. If things change, please reach out to us via the ticket ID.

ref: AJG-81673-894

This discussion has been closed.