After latest IOS and or Password update, finger print sign-in on Apple phone just cycles. Help

Options
titeljht
titeljht
Community Member

Had been using finger print sign in for Iphone 1Password since available. After latest IOS update, and/or 1password update, finger print instruction comes up but no longer works, cycles back to password entry. I can no longer tell if Iphone password syncs with Apple computer password (it used to prior to all these recent upgrades). HELP

1Password Version: Says "latest"
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Non functional finger print sign in

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @titeljht

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. The last update we released for 1Password for iOS was on November 7th 2019, and the last update to iOS itself was released December 10th 2019. When did these issues start? And have you tried rebooting the device since the problem started?

Ben

• titeljht
    titeljht
    Community Member
    Options

Rebooting does not solve the problem. But thanks for the suggestion, I had not tried it before.
    I suspect issue started with last IOS update -- I have methodically kept up with updates.
    Having used the finger print access, I no longer can find the typed in password.
    The 1P version on my computer works. When I first obtained 1P, computer and phone synced, but that does not seem to be the case now.
    Further suggesions?

• Ben
    Options

@titeljht

It seems the only recourse in this case would be to uninstall 1Password on the iOS device, which will erase all of the 1Password data from that device, reinstall, and then re-establish syncing with your computer. At that point both should have the same data and unlock with the same Master Password.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• titeljht
    titeljht
    Community Member
    Options

GEEEZ

• Ben
    Options

This is why the memory of the Master Password is so critical. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.