I don't know what kind of account I currently have. I want to upgrade it to a Families account.

platinumtalon
platinumtalon
Community Member
edited January 2020 in Families

Hey! Like the title says, I'm not sure what kind of account that I have, but I do want to upgrade to a Families account.

I've been a long time user and gone through the dropbox transition to 1Password syncing. I signed up for a launch promo a while ago, and now when I look at billing I see my current tier as "Pro (Launch Special)".

Via the web, I currently sign in to 1pass via a URL that I chose during setup (something like shiny-objects.1password.com). However, in all the reading about Families, it looks like I need to create an account under my.1password.com?

It's unclear to me what I should do to get my account into proper Family mode. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

ref: DXQ-54114-794

Comments

• Hi @platinumtalon

It should be possible to convert your existing membership, without having to sign up for a new one. The instructions will vary based on your current setup though, and it isn't clear to me from your description which type of membership you currently have. So we can investigate further and get you the directions that will be right for you please email us at support+forum@1password.com from the email address associated with your membership. When you email in you should get an automated response from BitBot that contains a support ID. Please post that ID here. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• platinumtalon
    platinumtalon
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

Ben, I send an email about 30 minutes ago and I've not received an automated response yet (I did check my spam folder).

Any thoughts?

ref: DXQ-54114-794

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2020

@platinumtalon

I show that an autoresponder was sent to you about an hour ago, with the subject Re: [#DXQ-54114-794] Question about 1Password. It didn't contain a support ID in the body of the message because you (perhaps unintentionally) started the email thread with our business support team. That bit in the subject line is the support ID, though: [#DXQ-54114-794]

I've routed your ticket to the appropriate folks and they should be in touch soon.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.