Personal Vaults in Family Sharing plan.

Options
calvinpalguta
calvinpalguta
Community Member

I just enrolled in a Family Sharing plan and I am the administrator. I also invited my two parents to this plan. The goal is to be able for each of us to have personal private vaults whereby no other user in the family plan would be able to inspect the contents of one's personal private vaults. Is this possible? Currently, I have created a private vault within the Family account, and only granted edit and view rights to myself, but my father is able to see the contents of this vault from his own personal mobile phone device.

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @calvinpalguta

Are you able to confirm which account within your membership your father's devices are signed into? Is it possible he is signed into your account? The built-in "Private" (or "Personal") vault that each person receives is visible only when logged into that person's account. There is no way to share it. All additional vaults are 'shared' vaults (even if not actually shared with anyone) and will be visible to anyone with the family organizer role. Family organizers do not by default have access to vaults they are not explicitly added to, but they do have the power to add themselves to such vaults.

Ben

• calvinpalguta
    calvinpalguta
    Community Member
    Options

My father did not sign in to my individual personal subscription account. He signed in to the Family account after I circulated that invitation message from within the 1Password control panel. Should I uninvite him from the Family account, and then try it all over again? Do you have instructions for this?

• Ben
    Options

I don't think that is going to help, to be honest. Could you please clarify if the vault he is seeing is your built-in "Private" / "Personal" vault, the built-in "Shared" vault, or if is one you created yourself? Also, is your father a family organizer on the membership?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.