Lost my password and didn't made my family member organizer

Ilanac
Ilanac
Community Member

Hi there,

I made a very stupid mistake. I started using 1password a couple of years ago, but I didn't take it that serious at that time. I started a family a year ago with my boyfriend, but I didn't know it was wise to make him an organizer too. Now I want to use 1password again to find some lost passwords, but I can't remember my password anymore. And my boyfriend isn't an organizer. I'm sort of ok with deleting my account, but he of course, doesn't want to delete his as he uses it a lot! Is there anything we can do about this and make him an organizer?

Best, Ilana

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Ilanac

The only way to promote someone to family organizer is for someone else who is already an organizer to log in and make that change. If you are the only existing organizer and cannot log in then that wouldn't be possible. Instead, the recommended course of action would be to:

1. Create a new 1Password Families membership
    2. Have your boyfriend move his data over from the old membership to the new
    3. Delete the old membership

If you have a credit on the old membership you'd like moved over please reach out to our team at support@1password.com to facilitate that. I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.