Identifying Category of an Entered Item?

Options
drohr
drohr
Community Member

While I know this seems odd...is there a way to tell which category an item has been entered once I finish the initial entry card? I understand some are obvious however, there are a few I have where it may be better saved as a login vs a membership and it appears in the edit screen it does not say and i don't have all the category icons memorized. First world issue but want to use program for more stuff as I learn it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:categories

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @drohr!

When you create an item in 1Password, you need to select the category for it in the menu, even before you start entering information. So when you save the item, it will go in the category you have chosen. Does this help?

• drohr
    drohr
    Community Member
    Options

I understand that. When entries are already in system and I search for an item it pops up but does not say what category it is under and if you don’t know symbols you can’t be sure if it a login or password

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@drohr:

I see what you mean now, thank you for the clarification.

When entries are already in system and I search for an item it pops up but does not say what category it is under

Password entries always use this icon:

Login items typically use the icon of the website instead. If the icon is missing for that website, login items will use an icon with the first two letters of the item, like this:

So there is no need to remember all of the icons. If you remember the icon for password items, that will be enough to understand if an item is a Login or a Password.

This discussion has been closed.