THE 1PASSWORD PROGRAM ON MY LAP TOP WILL NOT AUTOFILL USERNAME AND PASSWORD

Options
ADUECK
ADUECK
Community Member

My 1Password program on my laptop works fine except that it will not autofill username and password on a website.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:THE 1PASSWORD PROGRAM ON MY LAP TOP WILL NOT AUTOFILL USERNAME AND PASSWORD

Comments

• ADUECK
    ADUECK
    Community Member
    Options

Program version 1Password 7
    Version 7.3.2 (70302004)

Mac OS. 10.15.1

• Hey @ADUECK

Is this a site, that you can provide us a link to? That would allow us to check it out and assist you better.

ref: IGF-76222-884

• ADUECK
    ADUECK
    Community Member
    Options

For example, If I click Chase in my 1Password, it does not even open the site much less populate the username and password.

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2020
    Options

@ADUECK

When you are clicking "Chase" are you using the main 1Password app, or a browser extension? Which browser extension are you using, and which browser? The more details you can provide me the better.

• ADUECK
    ADUECK
    Community Member
    Options

I am using the main 1Password program on my desktop.

I use Safari

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ADUECK:

Is the 1Password browser extension for Safari enabled? If you open Safari Preferences > Extensions tab, you should see the extension checked like this:

• ADUECK
    ADUECK
    Community Member
    Options

IPassword is not listed in the extensions in Safari. I can I add it as an extension?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ADUECK:

Thank you for the confirmation. If the 1Password extension is missing from there, that is why 1Password is not able to fill usernames and passwords on the websites you visit. Let's make sure that the extension shows there for you.

I noticed that you are not running the latest version of 1Password. You are currently using version 7.3.2, while the latest version is 7.4.1. Therefore, can you please start by downloading the latest version from our website and installing it?

After you are on 1Password 7.4.1, can you please check your Safari extensions tab again, and see if 1Password is there this time?

• ADUECK
    ADUECK
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, the Safari tab shows up on the top of Safari page but when I click it, it does not respond. it does not show up as an extension in system preferences/extensions

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ADUECK:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from this Mac and email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.