How do I edit login or other information in my 1Password App MacOS

Options
MacMyDay
MacMyDay
Community Member
edited January 2020 in Mac

I'm not a fan of this 1Password7 and the coerced subscription. I paid up anyway. Now the read-only message is gone, but there is no edit button on my app to manually make changes to username, passwords or even to add notes to an entry in my long list of "Items".

What is going on? I see it on the website, but I'm not comfortable editing anything on the website. I wish to do this on my Mac.

I'd also like to get rid of this annoying error telling me I've got re-used passwords. Please advise.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:edit info in 1password app

Comments

• @MacMyDay

The edit button is at the top of the details view. I have attached a screenshot for your convenience.

If you're looking to add a new item, immediately to the left of the edit button is a "+" button, which will let you add items of your choosing.
    The forum has a topic discussing the re-used password feature, and I would like to direct you to it. The topic will also allow you to provide feedback. As well as see what other users and staff have to say about the feature.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/95438/reused-password-warning

• MacMyDay
    MacMyDay
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Thank you for the quick response and screenshot. I am using Dark Mode so I missed the Edit button as it seems to meld into the top bar. Plus that huge red warning bar creates a visual block and barrier — it's a bit of a UI kluge. But at least I know now, thanks!!

ANd also appreciate the link to the discussion about that red bar—I'll chime in there. Cheers…

• You are most welcome.

I am using Dark Mode so I missed the Edit button as it seems to meld into the top bar.

At one time this caught me too. (whistles slowly.) ;)

This discussion has been closed.