changed email and forgot my master password

Options
celina_tpx
celina_tpx
Community Member

Hi! i'm new to this forum so sorry if i do anything wrong.

i've had an 1password membership since i think october of last year. i've always used my face id to log on but once it expired i didn't know my master password anymore. i want to restart my account but i have another email and the one is used before this has already been deleted.
what is the best suggestion you guys could give me for what i can do?

thanks so much in advance!
Celina

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @celina_tpx

If you're still being billed by us for the existing membership please reach out to us with the billing details at support@1password.com and if we can locate the membership in question and confirm you are the person being billed we can stop the billing. If you are being billed by Apple you can cancel your subscription with them:

View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Beyond that you'd simply sign up for a new membership, which can be done here:

Pricing & free trial | 1Password

I would recommend doing this on a computer (not a mobile device) that is connected to a printer. If you do, during the signup process you'll be prompted to print an Emergency Kit. That document will have a spot to write in your Master Password, if desired. The Emergency Kit should then be stored someplace safe like a fire safe or bank deposit box. I hope that helps!

Ben

• celina_tpx
    celina_tpx
    Community Member
    Options

thank you so much, this helps so much! will definitely do that. thanks for your help!
    Celina

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.