New Microsoft Edge Chromium

Options
lucasan
lucasan
Community Member
edited January 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi, with the new browser and 1password desktop with subscription is best to install extension For desktop app from google store or 1Password X?
Thanks

Comments

• Hey @lucasan! I recommend installing 1Password X from the Edge store:

https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/detail/dppgmdbiimibapkepcbdbmkaabgiofem

Let us know if you have any troubles getting set up. :smile:

• lucasan
    lucasan
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thanks a lot. I forgot to write that OS is Windows 10 1909. For the community

• lucasan
    lucasan
    Community Member
    Options

And the version of Edge is the GA of 01/15/20

• :+1: I hope you're enjoying the new Edge!

• rationaloutlook
    rationaloutlook
    Community Member
    Options

I'd love to use the desktop app extension instead of 1Password X, but 1. it's not available on Microsoft store, and 2. if I install it from Chrome web store, it's not able to connect to the app. Is there a reason the desktop app extension is not supported on Edge (if it is really not)?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rationaloutlook:

You can install the 1Password extension for Edge from the Microsoft store too if you prefer. Here is the link for you :)

• alamarco
    alamarco
    Community Member
    Options

What's the difference between 1Password X that @ag_michaelc linked and the 1Password that @ag_ana linked? It seems like 1Password X doesn't integrate with the desktop app?

The only way I could install 1Password into Edge is installing the extension from the Chrome Store.

• ag_michaelc
    edited January 2020
    Options

Hey @alamarco, sorry for any confusion there. @ag_ana accidentally linked the old extension for the old Edge, not the Chromium-based Edge.

The best way in my opinion to use 1Password in the new Edge is to use 1Password X, but you're right that it currently does not integrate with the 1Password for Windows app. For that, you'll need the companion app extension, which, as you've found, can be installed from the Chrome Web Store. :smile:

• alamarco
    alamarco
    Community Member
    Options

Ok cool. That clears it up. Thank you for explaining.

• I'm glad to hear that. You're very welcome. :smile:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

My bad! I definitely linked to the wrong extension. Sorry for the confusion @alamarco :(

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @marksmyth ,
    We definitely intend to integrate 1Password X with the desktop app - it's already available on the Mac beta version. It is taking longer than we initially expected due to various technical difficulties but this is our final goal. Thanks for bringing this up :)

This discussion has been closed.