touch Id required at each signon step (Amazon) - expected behavior?

Options
Tonetony
Tonetony
Community Member

Perhaps I misunderstand what the Auto-Lock setting means.

I have Lock on Exit off, and Auto-Lock set to 5 minutes.

Amazon has a 2-step login.

First I tap in the Amazon email field, get the 1Password prompt, and then have to use touch id to fill in the email address.

Then I'm presented the password page, tap in the password field, get the 1Password prompt, and have to use touch id again.

Normally, given my 5 minute Auto-Lock setting, the behavior would not be surprising, because I'm unlikely to login to a second site or app within 5 minutes anyway. But this problem is revealed at Amazon given you have to navigate through two separate pages with two independent auto-fill steps.

Does the auto-lock setting only apply to actually opening the 1Password app itself, and have nothing to do with needing to use touch id for each login field fill?

Is there some other setting that would bypass the need for touch id every time?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Tonetony
    Tonetony
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like something like this was asked just recently:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/110094/keeping-1p-open-between-filling-in-username-and-password-with-ios

The answer may or may not quite match the question, but the questioner didn't follow up. They had said they had Lock on Exit off, with auto-lock set to 5 minutes (same setup I have). The answer was you have to reauthenticate if Lock On Exit is true. Seems like a disconnect between question and answer.

But the question isn't clear. What do they mean by "re-open" the app? Are they mixing and matching auto-fill and app open?

My case is entirely about auto-fill, not app open. I stay inside the app I am logging into.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2020
    Options

Hi @Tonetony!

My understanding is that AutoFill requires authentication every time you use it, unlike the main 1Password app (if you have changed your auto lock settings there). So if the website has the username field on one page, and the password field on another, AutoFill would indeed prompt you for Touch ID twice, despite your settings in the main app.

• Tonetony
    Tonetony
    Community Member
    Options

OK, thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.