Multiple Macs with different iCloud Accounts

Options
fbutter
fbutter
Community Member
edited January 2020 in Mac

Hello,

I have multiple Macs and I need to use different iCloud/Dropbox accounts, as one is connected to work resources (Active Directory, iCloud, Dropbox, ...). It was no problem before but with 1PW7, I understand that iCloud is used to share the license and no more "License.onepassword-license" file is used, right?
So how can I achieve in this setup to use my 1Password of both these devices / iCloud accounts?
I have a "1Password membership" with annual payment and "it says that "the license can be used on as many Macs as needed".

Thank you and best regards,
Frank

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Multiple Macs

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fbutter!

I understand that iCloud is used to share the license and no more "License.onepassword-license" file is used, right?

This is true, but only if you have an actual license. You said that you have a 1Password Membership instead, so you don't have a license, and therefore iCloud is not involved.

You can use your 1Password Membership on all your Macs, even if they use different iCloud accounts.

• fbutter
    fbutter
    Community Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

This is what is the in the license Dialog (translated from German):

"1Password is lincensed!
    License: 1Password 7 License
    Name: 1Password Membership
    This License can be used by 1Password Membership on as many Macs as needed."

I always used to have a license for older versions. This is called "License" in the "License" dialog.

But I really do not care about the name so much - just what is necessary to do that I can access local vaults (sync'ed via dropbox) as I used to with earlier versions, across all machines?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fbutter:

just what is necessary to do that I can access local vaults (sync'ed via dropbox) as I used to with earlier versions, across all machines?

You just need to configure Dropbox sync on all your machines. Since you have a 1Password Membership, you can use 1Password on all your devices already, without needing the same iCloud account to do that, so the only thing you have to focus on is just configuring Dropbox.

This discussion has been closed.