Shortcut/Hotkey Is Global - Would prefer it were only in browsers...

Options
jon123
jon123
Community Member

I have a few apps which use the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut.
I really don't want 1Password coming up using this shortcut unless I'm in a browser.
There doesn't appear to be a way to do this?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 7.4.1
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jon123!

That's correct: once you choose a keyboard shortcut for an app, that keyboard shortcut will work everywhere on your system, no matter if you are in a browser or not, since it's an app setting.

If other apps interfere with the keyboard shortcut that 1Password uses, you can change it under 1Password Preferences > General tab > Keyboard shortcuts section, so you can choose a new one that works better for you.

• jon123
    jon123
    Community Member
    Options

I get that. I guess what I'm saying is: You should add an option to have a shortcut that only works when you're in an active web browser. Right now you have "Show 1Password", and "Fill or Show 1Password", I want a "Fill 1Password" option.
    I have no need to open 1Password at any time at all via a shortcut, and I don't want to change the shortcut now -- I've been using 1Password for 10 years, that muscle memory change wouldn't be a welcome one.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jon123:

Thank you for the clarification! I am not sure if what you are asking is technically possible, but I will be happy to pass along your feedback for consideration :+1:

This discussion has been closed.