To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

upgrade to version 7 - questions

Stingo
Stingo
Community Member

Hi. I've been a user since version 3 of the software. I am a bit confused by the new options. Let me describe what I have:
I have 1password 6 installed on two macs at home (desk and laptop) and on an ipad and iphone. I want to install as well on my PC at the office.
1. Which account will let me do the above.
2. I remember getting an e-mail that suggested that you could subscribe or buy a one time license. I don't see such a option on the site.
3. Does 1password 7 upload my passwords to a cloud service? I keep my vault on dropbox but am not interested in any other cloud access to my passwords.
4. What is the 1gb of cloud storage for? Is this just duplication of other cloud services that we may have?

Sorry but I am a bit confused by the options.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• plttn
    plttn
    Community Member

One time licenses are purchased per desktop OS. So with that in mind you'd have to buy a MacOS license and a Windows license (which would be more than 2 years of 1Password.com subscription)

The best option for multiple OSes is definitely the 1Password.com account subscription. That would move your vault from Dropbox into the 1Password.com sync service (which to be clear cannot be accessed by anyone other than you).

The 1GB of cloud storage is for secure documents and other files.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Stingo! Welcome to the forum!

1. Which account will let me do the above.

If you are the only user, a 1Password Individual Membership will be your best choice.

1. I remember getting an e-mail that suggested that you could subscribe or buy a one time license. I don't see such a option on the site.

If you want a one time license, you can buy it directly in the app (you cannot do it from the website)

1. Does 1password 7 upload my passwords to a cloud service?

Yes, if you want data to sync to your other devices.

1. What is the 1gb of cloud storage for? Is this just duplication of other cloud services that we may have?

It's space for documents that you want to keep encrypted and secured within 1Password, like everything else you have stored inside the app.

• Stingo
    Stingo
    Community Member

Does it make a difference whether I subscribe through Apple store or directory with you? Can I still use the app on both Mac and Windows? Thanks for your help in clarifying these questions.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Stingo:

Does it make a difference whether I subscribe through Apple store or directory with you?

Not really. Subscribing through us allows us to better help you in case you have billing questions, but the features are the same :)

Can I still use the app on both Mac and Windows?

Yes, with a subscription you get access to all of the 1Password apps, no matter if you subscribe through us or via an Apple subscription.

• Stingo
    Stingo
    Community Member

Thank you for all of your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.