Chrome's autofill gets overridden by 1Password extension. Can I use both?

Options

I prefer to use Chrome's autofill for simple forms, like inputting my email address and phone number. I don't have to press any hotkey combos or type in any passwords to use it. But it seems that Chrome's autofill is disabled by having the 1Password extension active. I'd really like to be able to use both, Chrome for autofilling my personal info quickly, and 1Password for when I need a password. Is this possible, and if so, how do I get it to work? Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: X 1.17.0
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CherylG4! While we wouldn't recommend using both Chrome and 1Password to autofill for you, 1Password X doesn't necessarily have to disable Chrome's autofill. It's a setting in 1Password X, but you're welcome to disable it. To do so, right click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, and select Settings. From there, scroll down a bit and disable the setting titled, "Make 1Password the default password manager."

Let me know how you get on after that!

• CherylG4
    CherylG4
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Kaitlyn, that worked. I just wanted to be able to fill in simple details using Chrome, and having to press Cmd-Shift-X, then type in my master password just to autofill my email address was a bit of a hassle. I still use 1Password for all my passwords and other sensitive info, though!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@CherylG4 – That makes sense to me! Thanks for sharing your use case. I'm glad that ended up working for you. If anything else comes up, you know where to find me. :)

This discussion has been closed.