Why is it forgetting settings.

Options

I run Firefox 72.0.2 on a 2016 MBP running catalina 10.15.2

recently I was encountering problems with websites, and someone in the Mozilla forum suggested going to about;profiles and creating a new profile and migrating to that - I did, and the problem hasn't gone away. But that's not the issue at hand - I had to reload addons- including the 1password browser extension, and the 1password X software. I did that, and I now find that the memory for unlocking 1password isn't working.

I go to log in to a web site, It has the "key with the little lock in the corner icon" - I right click to bring up the info for that site, and I get a message a) to hit command-period to allow 1password to do it's thing. So, it's relocking - I have gone into settings and set this out to the max (I think it was 3000 minutes), but still, just a few minutes later, I go to log into to that or another website, and it's locked again.

Am I doing something wrong?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey there @MisterQ! If you wouldn't mind, what are the website URLs of the sites that you were having trouble filling on? I'd love to do some testing on my end and see if I can reproduce the issue.

I'm curious if you're quitting your browser during that time at all. When you fully quit your browser, you also quit 1Password X, so that's one instance where it would lock before the idle timeout. Let me know; I'm here to help!

• MisterQ
    MisterQ
    Community Member
    Options

Pretty much anything and everything - logging in to wikipedia This is what I am seeing in my browser.

or https://hub.docker.com

shows

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MisterQ:

What happens exactly after you unlock 1Password X? Are you able to login to these two websites?

Can you please also answers kaitlyn's second question? Here it is again for your convenience:

I'm curious if you're quitting your browser during that time at all. When you fully quit your browser, you also quit 1Password X, so that's one instance where it would lock before the idle timeout. Let me know; I'm here to help!

• MisterQ
    MisterQ
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, when I unlock I can access those websites (this happens across all sites that I have in my vault (around 650) , but after some time (not long, but haven't determined how long yet) it locks up, and no, I am not shutting down the browser.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MisterQ:

Thank you for the confirmation. Does your computer perhaps go to sleep (or locks) in between?

• @MisterQ

Your first screenshot looks like you have two instances of the browser extension running. It seems like possibly the native one and 1Password X. It's recommended that you only have one version enabled at any given time. Try disabling the 1Password (native) within settings and keeping 1Password X enabled. For good measure after this, I would completely quit the browser and restart it.

This discussion has been closed.