Feature request: Move to Trash icon is only available in Edit mode in 1Password X

harish_ravikumar
harish_ravikumar
Community Member
edited January 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

For 1Password X addon, the 'Move to Trash' icon is not enabled unless I click the 'Edit' icon for an item. Why can't we enable it by default to save a click before moving an item to trash?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @harish_ravikumar — Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback! Since 1Password X lives entirely within the browser, it needs to remain light and quick. This means that all aspects of managing items and vaults (editing, deleting, creating) currently need to occur within 1Password.com (or 1Password for Mac if you're using Desktop App Integration). I agree that it'd be neat to see the option to manage items directly within 1Password X someday, though. I'll pass along your feedback so they know folks are requesting it.

In the meantime, we've made it so clicking Edit in the item details should open it up already in edit mode in a new tab or (1Password for Mac) so you just have to click once more to move it to the trash after clicking edit in 1Password X.

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member

Hello @cecelia Thanks for your feedback.
    Understood that the web version needs to be ligtht, but the app version is little difficult than the web version.

In the app version too, I'll have to click 'Edit' to move an item to trash. To add insult to the injury, I'll have to scroll all the way down for a credential to find the trash icon :(

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@harish_ravikumar – Again, we appreciate the feedback. Out of curiosity, are you using 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows as your desktop app?

As Cecelia mentioned, if you want to delete an item beginning with 1Password X, you'd first find the item, then click the Edit button when the item is selected, then click Move to Trash.

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member

@kaitlyn Thanks for your response.

I use 1Password for Windows as my desktop app.
    I was looking for this feedback as I need to delete multiple entries without having to do edit an item.

Nevertheless, I can do this with my iOS apps, where I can delete entries by just swiping and without having to go to edit mode.

Thanks!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting me know, @harish_ravikumar. In the 1Password for Windows desktop app, you can right-click on an item in your item list and select Move to Trash in the context menu to delete it. To delete multiple items, hold down the control key and select the items you'd like to delete, then right click and select Move to Trash. Here's a screen recording demonstrating exactly that.

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member

@kaitlyn Ah, this I didn't know. Many thanks for the feedback. It helps.
    Have a good day!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of kaitlyn, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.