What is happening to the old 1Password option?

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited January 2020 in Lounge

Native 1Password save and export seems to be gone now in favour of CSV? I don’t notice much of it any more. Native is still better, I think? I forgot the extension name. Mobile never supported such an export feature.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

The export options that are available will vary depending on which platform you're on. I would tend to agree that .1pif is the better option, where available. As we move the clients forward and work toward more cross-platform consistency hopefully we can address this discrepancy.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

Thank you Ben. I was sure I saw the Save as .pif in 1Password v6.8 for MAC but then I still had local vaults and a subscription and now I am all subscription. I don’t remember 1Password 6 and 7 for Windows having this option. 1Password 4 (Windows) definitely had it.

I am now on 1Password v7.4.1 for MAC. Windows version is 1Password v7.3.712.

.1pif is gone for subscription users but will it come back?

• Ben
    Options

.1pif is in 1Password 7 for Mac, including for subscription customers. :+1:

How to export data from 1Password

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

Thank you. Export was grayed out when I looked. I will look again. I must have been in All Vaults where it isn’t possible to export logins.

• Ben
    Options

Good deal. :+1:

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I still hope to see .1pif appear in 1Password for Windows in future. Hopefully, as it is not currently present in 1Password for Window v7.3.x.

This discussion has been closed.