How do I revert the name of the default Private Vault back to "Private"?

Options
jmb679
jmb679
Community Member
edited February 2020 in Mac

I transitioned to 1PW7 (individual) several months ago. Before doing so, I must have renamed the default "Private" Vault to my initials. Today we signed up for 1PW7 (family) and I would like to rename the default Private fault back to "Private". In other words, replace my initials with the word "Private". However, the name is grayed out and I cannot edit.

1Password Version: 7.4.2 (70402004)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.3 (19D76)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jmb679,

There was a bug in a previous version of 1Password for Mac that allowed the name of the Private vault to be renamed. This was never the intention, and a while ago that bug was fixed. As such it is no longer possible to change the name of that vault. The only way to accomplish that as far as I'm aware would be to sign up for a new membership, move your data over, and then delete the original membership, which I would suggest is probably more work than it would be worth.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ben

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

yep, not worth it.

• Ben
    Options

@jmb679

One of my colleagues suggested to me that there may be another solution here... it would still involve jumping through some hoops but not as many as would be involved with establishing a new membership. If you'd like to further investigate that with us please reach out at support+forum@1password.com and include your forum username as well as a link to this thread. When you email in you should get an automated reply from BitBot containing a support ID. Please post that ID here.

Thanks!

Ben

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

Re: [#CAR-87984-436]

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @jmb679. We've received your message and will be in touch via email soon.

Ben

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

In addition to the problem described in this post, I have some issues related to a family member (LEH). I cannot delete or rename the "LEH" vault that existed on 1PW7 (Individual) and was copied to 1PW7 (Family).

Regarding my vaults, here are three screenshots for reference.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jmb679:

It sounds like this family member does not have permissions to perform such actions on this vault. Please review their permissions and compare them with yours to see where you might have configured things differently.

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

How do I do this?

• Ben
    Options

@jmb679

This guide should help: https://support.1password.com/create-share-vaults/#manage-access

Please let us know.

Ben

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

I am still don't see where I can change permissions.

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

I am the Family Organizer. I presume that I log into my account to change permissions, yes? I don't see "Manage Family Members".

Wait, I think I found it.

• Ben
    Options

@jmb679

So we're not duplicating efforts please continue the conversation with Preet via email. I've passed your latest message along to him. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.